|Empty Stage :-(|
- Show up at Federal Palace Hotel.
- Pay for parking (Two hundred Naira per hour)
- Park on grass which leads to you wearing your very good Russel and Bromley tasseled loafers through shin high weeds.
- Hustle with PR people for ticket/invitation
- Walk inside marquee only to find that it is rather empty and that DJ is playing not very awesome music.
- Head to bar only to find that it is a cash bar.
- Reward: Pictures of Mafikizolo, Tiwa Savage and Davido?
- I suppose I could have gone with the DSLR and done a full event coverage thing but I'm sorry, I cannot spend 8-10 hours running about like a madman for a mere party. I can't!
Can you see why I went home now? I take my welfare very seriously. I do not suffer for peanuts. I'm not even talking about money here. I enjoy blogging and taking pictures so a lot of what I do is paid with the satisfaction I derive from doing it. If I spent up to an hour at the thingy, I would have made a utility loss, so I cut my losses and went home to blog about it.
Thanks but no thanks.